What if police didn't do their job

Palisades Park, NJ |

What if police didn't do their job ?
someone I know use my account and made a check so I reported it to the police.
For the last one month, they didn't do anything and always avoid calling from me.
They even avoid meeting with my lawyer when the lawyer visited to talk about it.

I have evidence and bank said it is forgery and theft by deception.

I gave all evidence to them with his address. But still I cannot reach the police who is in charge of it. The check he made was actually executed and somebody who received it tried to cash a check.

File a citizen's complaint.

You say you have a lawyer. Speak with him about filing a civil and crimson complaint.

Please note that by attempting to answer your question, I am not acting as your attorney. I will do nothing further to protect or preserve your interests in the absence of any additional discussion with you about this matter. Jeffrey E. Grabelle, Esq. Starr, Gern, Davison & Rubin, P.C. 105 Eisenhower Parkway Roseland, NJ 07068 Office: (973) 403-9200; Fax: (973) 226-0031 Email: jgrabelle@starrgern.com

File a citizen's complaint. Also file a complaint in civil division.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

Start with the basics - do you know who is responsible? It may be that the police are still investigating the matter.

If you know who is responsible, you can take it upon yourself to file citizen's complaints or you can call the Bergen County Prosecutor's Office and see if they can assist you in getting complaints filed.

http://www.njdomesticviolencedefense.com