What if my Life insurance and my agent refuse to pay for my mother funeral and the benefical.

Asked 7 months ago - Manson, NC

My mother life insurance was restated last year and the agent help me and my mother fill out the information.And he stated no matter what happen to me or my mother the policy will coverage us.

Pro

1

Answered . What you do is retain a "life insurance attorney" to handle it. Make sure you retain a life insurance lawyer, and not one of the other types of lawyers that "dabble" in life insurance claim. For example, I've seen more probate attorney botch life insurance claims than I'd care to see. Google "life insurance attorney" to find the appropriate lawyer.

2. Ivette M Santaella

Answered . Hello,

I believe you asked this question yesterday and following was the response:

Please note that if your Mom's life insurance did not lapse, then the beneficiary can make a claim with the insurance company.

Depending on the company, it could take days or weeks to receive the life insurance proceeds. You may let the agent know that you need some money now to assist in the burial of your Mom.

If not, then show the life insurance plan to the funeral home and see if they will work some arrangement with you to bury your Mom while you get the life insurance proceeds.