Skip to main content

What if my human rights were violated and having to wait through the administrative process exceed 90 days. Is it to late to sue

Albany, NY |
Filed under: Civil rights

Can I file a notice of claim or have my rights been relinquished?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Depends on what civil rights are violated. If a federal statute covers the conduct (42 USC 1983 or Title VII for example) then the notice of claim requirements do not apply. Also, even if the notice of claim requirements do apply, you may be able to file a late notice of claim with permission of the Court.

PLEASE READ THIS DISCLAIMER * I very much like to offer my advice and guidance to those in need. It is why I became a lawyer. However, please note that I have not been engaged to be your lawyer so my advice is general in nature. Certainly, if you would like, please feel free to email or call me to further discuss the particulars of your situation (as many times it is not a good idea to provide a lot of information about your case on a public forum). * Hacker Murphy, LLP * 518.213.0115 * * * Hacker Murphy serves clients throughout New York State (including New York City and Long Island). *

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer