Skip to main content

What if my ex is violating the parenting plan? Do I have legal rights to enforce it?

Portland, OR |

i have joint legal custody and the right to have the kids for some period of time over the holiday. my ex is refusing to allow me the time. what can I do? I don't want to drag the kids into the dispute. Do I have legal recourse?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. You have the right to have your parenting lan enforced thorugh a parenting time enforcement action and/or through contempt. If this is a recurring problem, you should consider terminating joint custody by filing a modification. In difficult cases, a custody or parenting time evaluator can be appointed to assess the best interests of the children. An attorney can also be appointed to represent the children's interests. You should consult with an experienced family law attorney.

    Mark Kramer
    Kramer & Associates

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics