What if my dad wants to put a restraning order on my boyfriend how long does it last?

Arlington, TX |

my dad never liked him and he found out that we were talking and he now wants to put a restraining order on him

1. Your father is not a victim and cannot request a Protective Order on him. That is the law.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the “good answer” button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/

2. Your dad cannot put a restraining order against him if there have been no threats, nor a protective order if there are have been no assaults. BUT, you dad can trespass warn him not to come to his house and since it is his house, you cannot give him permission to violate that.

Your dad can forbid you to see him and punish you if you do by taking your phone, your car, etc. Your dad can block his number from your cell phone. If your bf is over age and you are under 17 (and there is more than 3 years of difference in age), if your dad has a thought that there may be sexual touching, etc. going on, he could report that to the police.

Domestic violence topics