Skip to main content

What if lawyer request motion for appropriate relief? The case was dismissed and consolidated into a different case against you?

Thomasville, NC |
Filed under: Litigation

My lawyer did not represent me properly and failed to file suit properly and then my case was dismissed and consolidated into one against me for inverse condemnation. My lawyer wants monies for relief but he was hired for contingency and failed me drastically, what can I do to stop his action filed for MAR?

Attorney Answers 1


See another lawyer for possible malpractice proceedings against this lawyer. In a legal malpractice case, you have prove a trial within a trial, i.e., that the case your lawyer mishandled would have been won but for his negligence.

Disclaimer: I'm only licensed in CA. Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

Litigation topics

Recommended articles about Litigation

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics