What if I was provoked into throwing a glass of water ion his face?

Asked about 1 year ago - Chino, CA

I feel I did nothing wrong they haveno witness they have no case why should I pay a fine and be on 3 yrs probation?

1. Merry Melinda Fountain

Pro

17

Answered . You should contact a criminal lawyer in your area. There are many listed on this web site under Find a Lawyer.

Pro

16

Answered . Retain a local criminal lawyer to fight it then.

3. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

11

Answered . Mere words do not constituent sufficient grounds for committing a battery . Get an attorney .

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777
  4. Joseph Salvatore Farina

10

Answered . You've asked this question several times and gotten numerous answers . Words, even insulting ones, cannot form the basis for committing an assault. And yes - you committed a criminal act if you threw a glass of water at someone because they said something.to you. You don't think you're guilty and didn't do anything wrong? Then plead not guilty and take it to trial, as opposed to whining on AVVO and refusing to accept responsibility for your criminal actions. You were wrong - get over it.

5. David Ian Schoen

Pro

11

Answered . Your question lacks facts. This is probably a criminal law matter.

6. Rixon Charles Rafter III

10

Answered . FWIW, the 'he made me do it' defense is not a strong one.

7. Stephen Ross Cohen

7

Answered . I am drowning in lack of empathy as you continue to post this insane BS question that a multitude of attorneys have answered. you are swimming in a shark infested pool of self pity. Man up.