What if i was not present on deportation hearing do to not knowing

Asked over 2 years ago - Las Vegas, NV

ins lost my case 4 years reopen it and was not notifed of the new date i was living in another state at the time when they reopen my case i thought there was a statue of limitaion on it well the send my hearing date to prior address in another state even thogh i put a change of address that maybe they lost too what should i do i have reenterd 3times ilegaly all of my family lives in us have no family in mexico i was a permanent alien since the age of 7 is there any hope i can fix my situation or status

1. Peter Lunt Ashman

1

Answered . If you can prove that you put in a change of address, and they ignored it and sent your notice to the wrong place, you should be able to reopen. But there may also be a question about why did you wait so long to reopen. Talk to an experienced lawyer to get a more detailed explanation. Good luck!

2. Susan Beth Henner

1

Answered . You should file a freedom of information act request to obtain a full copy of your file. Then you can see exactly what happened with your case and possibly reopen the case if you were not properly notified of a hearing and you has informed the Court properly of your new address.

3. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

Pro

1

Answered . It is likely that an Order of Deportation In Absentia was issued. If you followed all the procedures in notifying DHS of our new address and your hearing notice was still sent to the wrong address, you might be able to reopen the case and seek relief in Immigration Court. What is concening also are the multiple times that you reentered illegally as you claim. Seek help from an immigration lawyer who is honest and well versed in removal proceedings to assess how you can possibly "fix" your immigration satus.

4. Neil Ian Fleischer

1

Answered . I agree. If you informed the Court of the change of address, you can try to file a motion to re-open

It is not easy, I would contact a lawyer

www.immigrate2usa.com

5. Robert West

Answered . You should contact a local attorney and discuss.