What if i was arrested during an investigation on someone else and i didnt know what that person was doing and they admit that.

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Diego, CA

but a third party we were aressted with says i did. also my past makes me look bad but i honestly had nothing to do with this situation. the da is offering me deals that have nothing to do with my case. i think they think im useful but if im not will throw the book at me.

1. William Peter Daley

10

Answered . Sounds like your in a situation where you need a really good experienced criminal lawyer. Also sounds like you have already had charges filed against you and the prosecutor has made you some kind of plea bargain/offer to deal?
    You need to have confidence in the lawyer you have, or get yourself a new one.
    William Daley
    www.lawofficeofwilliamdaley.com

2. David Philip Shapiro

Pro

9

Answered . That's a question, assuming there is one in there, that needs to be asked to your current criminal defense attorney, who should (key word) be intimately familiar with the facts of your case.

Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555
  3. Thomas Anthony Schaeffer

8

Answered . Obviously, there the DA is still trying to sort the situation out. My guess is that you will be involved until they decide which way to go with the prosecution. If you didn't have anything to do with the current mess, then the evidence will show that. However, I'm sure you know about the problems with juries, insufficient evidence, and wrongful convictions.

I'd suggest that you need an attorney.

Good luck!

4. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

5

Answered . These are questions you should be asking your lawyer, now. You should not be dealing directly with the prosecutor!

It is not unusual for police and prosecutors to believe one witness who says you were involved and disbelieve or ignore another who says you were not. A record will always count against you.

If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else’s, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others.

Thank you.

--- Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
    http://addbalance.com

--- Facebook Page
    http://www.facebook.com/CriminalDefenseMadTown

--- Talking to the Police - Advice from Lawyers and Police
    http://addbalance.com/police.htm

--- Miranda Rights (and Wrongs)
    http://addbalance.com/miranda_rights.htm

DISCLAIMER:

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum.

I am an experienced Wisconsin criminal defense lawyer practicing in Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the Internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you.

If something I say disagrees with what your own lawyer is telling you, you should rely on your lawyer who is familiar with you, your entire case, the local courts and practices.

Most questions are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Few, if any, legal matters should be handled via Internet communication. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services.

This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only.

Click on the “more” link below for more important information about the answer and AVVO.

One or more answers have been taken down.