What if i was arrested during an investigation on someone else and i didnt know what that person was doing and they admit that.

Asked about 2 years ago - San Diego, CA

but a third party we were aressted with says i did. also my past makes me look bad but i honestly had nothing to do with this situation. the da is offering me deals that have nothing to do with my case. i think they think im useful but if im not will throw the book at me.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. William Peter Daley

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Sounds like your in a situation where you need a really good experienced criminal lawyer. Also sounds like you have already had charges filed against you and the prosecutor has made you some kind of plea bargain/offer to deal?
    You need to have confidence in the lawyer you have, or get yourself a new one.
    William Daley

  2. David Philip Shapiro


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . That's a question, assuming there is one in there, that needs to be asked to your current criminal defense attorney, who should (key word) be intimately familiar with the facts of your case.

    Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555
  3. Thomas Anthony Schaeffer

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Obviously, there the DA is still trying to sort the situation out. My guess is that you will be involved until they decide which way to go with the prosecution. If you didn't have anything to do with the current mess, then the evidence will show that. However, I'm sure you know about the problems with juries, insufficient evidence, and wrongful convictions.

    I'd suggest that you need an attorney.

    Good luck!

    Thomas A. Schaeffer, Esq. Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216, San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 www.... more
  4. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . These are questions you should be asking your lawyer, now. You should not be dealing directly with the prosecutor!

    It is not unusual for police and prosecutors to believe one witness who says you were involved and disbelieve or ignore another who says you were not. A record will always count against you.

    If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else’s, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others.

    Thank you.

    --- Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin

    --- Facebook Page

    --- Talking to the Police - Advice from Lawyers and Police

    --- Miranda Rights (and Wrongs)


    Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum.

    I am an experienced Wisconsin criminal defense lawyer practicing in Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the Internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you.

    If something I say disagrees with what your own lawyer is telling you, you should rely on your lawyer who is familiar with you, your entire case, the local courts and practices.

    Most questions are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Few, if any, legal matters should be handled via Internet communication. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services.

    This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only.

    Click on the “more” link below for more important information about the answer and AVVO.

    Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. Click on the "More..." link for... more
One or more answers have been taken down.

Related Topics

Arrest for criminal charges

Arrest is when a law enforcement officer takes you into custody, typically to jail. Officers must have a warrant or probable cause in order to arrest you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,359 answers this week

3,339 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,359 answers this week

3,339 attorneys answering