What if i lost my Green card before naturalization oath ceremony?

Little Rock, AR |

So I have done my interview and have also received the date for my oath ceremony. I just found out that I have lost my GC, Driver license and my passport. Well, better to say, I cant find them. Do I need to re-schedule my oath ceremony and apply for new GC? Do I get to go through the ceremony ? Please advise.

1. I would schedule an Infopass appointment at your local USCIS office and see what their policy is. I've had a client who had his wallet stolen and he was able to attend the ceremony when we produced the police report. They want you to produce your card so they can collect them to prevent individuals from selling them once they are a citizen. Your best course of action is to immediately schedule the Info pass appointment and see what your local USCIS office says. Best of luck.

This response is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Every case is different and it is important to obtain sound legal advise from an experienced immigration attorney before filing an application. If you would like to schedule a free consultation to discuss your situation further, please contact us at (479) 717-2278. We have offices located in Springdale, AR and Fayetteville, AR.