What if i get divorced in the 2 year period of status residency. will that affect me in any way or will affect her.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Tucson, AZ

i need to know because i was scammed

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

11

Answered . I agree with my colleague.

2. Veronica Tunitsky

1

Answered . It would certainly affect her (the beneficiary) as she would have to apply to lift the conditions on her residency by herself based on a good faith marriage exception in which she would have to show that the marriage was entered into in good faith.

You also have some options. They depend on how far you want to push this. You can also try to have the marriage annulled or get a divorce.