What if i gave a recorded statement to my auto insurance company

i was involved in auto accident and its not my fault and i was hospitalized due to injuries what if i already insurance company took a statement twith cell phone

Woodland Hills, CA -

Randy William Ferguson

Randy William Ferguson

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Huntsville, AL

Be very careful talking to any insurance company until you speak with an attorney. They are not on your side.

George Costas Andriotis

George Costas Andriotis

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Tarpon Springs, FL

I would consult an attorney to investigate the incident and protect your rights. Tell them about the statement you made so they can order a copy of the recording.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
Phillip Buchanan Grubaugh

Phillip Buchanan Grubaugh

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Kansas City, MO

If you gave a recorded statement without first consulting an attorney, then you made the first mistake in your claim. But without knowing more information, in fact without obtaining a without obtaining your statement, it is impossible to find whether your mistake has harmed your claim. Insurance companies are very aggressive in obtaining a statement quickly, because it is the one time that they can get claim minimizing and destroying info before you have an opportunity to protect your rights. Call a personal injury attorney now, who will provide free consultation with no obligation. Good luck.

Minh Tri Nguyen

Minh Tri Nguyen

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Long Beach, CA

Please contact a competent, personal injury immediately. You should not have provided the statement. You need sound legal advice going forward. Hopefully, you were not tricked into making an innocuous statement that will be twisted by the insurance defense lawyer at trail to make you look like a liar.

David Lee Fiol

David Lee Fiol

Personal Injury Lawyer - San Francisco, CA

I am not sure that giving your own insurance company's investigators a statement is a mistake - it will be protected from disclosure to the other side by the attorney client privilege. What I would not do is give a statement to the insurance company for the other driver. Talk to a personal injury lawyer in your area and follow his or her advice from now on.

Michael Shemtoub

Michael Shemtoub

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Los Angeles, CA

I live and work in Woodland Hills, so I am happy to answer your question. As a basic premise I wouldn't handle your claim by yourself. Here is the reason why: depending on your coverage, your own insurance company could turn against you and use your recorded statement against you. The best thing to do is hire an attorney who will filter what information is necessary and give that to them.

You have some great facts, but your case definitely needs to be developed further to corroborate your story. You should hire an attorney so you're not bullied around ! There is no upfront cost to hire an attorney. With a case like yours it seems like you have some good facts in order to get a high settlement. The most important thing when building your case are: liability (were you at fault); how bad are your injuries to your body and your property; and of course how high is the at fault person's policy. A lot of these things sound like they are not complete yet in your case so its something that is worth hiring an attorney for in order to get a sense of whether you have a case and what the strategy would be for you to build a strong case! I've handled many of these cases

Richard Carl Binder

Richard Carl Binder

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Pasadena, CA

If the insurance carrier is YOUR carrier, your policy obligates you to assist them in the investigation of the accident. However, ANY statement you give, on the phone, written etc. should be with your legal counsel present (in the same room, not on the phone). These statements are for the benefit of the carrier, not you. I always prep my clients before the statement, going over do and do not rules, the basics of the questions they will be asked and guidelines regarding areas not to respond to.

Wendy Ha Chau

Wendy Ha Chau

Sorry insurance companies are not on your side.

Since the mistake of giving the statement to the insurance company was already made. You should immediately contact an attorney to represent you and have that attorney request an auto-recording of your statement. Maybe you should contact Mr. Mike Stemtoub. He's an attorney living in your area and is willing to meet you. Good-luck!

Paul J Molinaro

Paul J Molinaro

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Corona, CA

There are some basics to consider, and carefully so, when one is injured in an automobile accident…
1. Immediately get medical attention and treatment for all injuries.
2. Make sure a police report has been filed.
3. Contact a personal injury attorney.

Attorneys are called “mouthpieces,” because they are professional trained and educated at doing the talking in the legal arena (the battleground of court’s arbitration, insurance claims, etc.). Unless one feels he or she is on a par experience-wise and knowledge wise with a savvy claims adjuster and the team of insurance lawyers backing up said adjuster, one should not walk into the arena to battle.

Insurance companies are not any friend to the injured parties… insurance companies are designed to earn profits for their shareholders, and such profits are made by collecting more in premiums that paying out n claims… very simple business plan. Paying out on claims, unless there is a really solid reason to do so, is bad business for insurance.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
Corona, CA 92879
(951)520-9684
www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law and does so anywhere in the State of California.

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

Was not a good move, but do the right thing now and retain a local personal injury lawyer.