What if i don't show to a no-contact hearing?

Asked about 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

I was the victim of a man saying he was my biological dad and took out a no-contact order. Now they are saying i have to go to court next Friday, but in NO WAY do i want to meet this man in person. What will happen if i don't show?

1. Judith Delus

Pro

1

Answered . If you took out a no contact order, then you are the petitioner and probably a temporary order was put in place. In order to maintain the order you will need to appear and defend the order or you will lose it. Otherwise the Judge will throw it when you arent there. Also, there will be sheriffs in the courtroom and when you are coming and going they will escort to and from the building to your car. So you do not have to be concerned with this person attacking you or coming within touching distance of you. I've done several of these temporary protective order hearings and would advise that you appear for the hearing.