What if I do not have proof that I paid for child care when I go to court?

Asked about 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

Will I still be able to get this included in my child support modification? I just started writing up receipts from a book I got at Office Depot because someone told me I should. Will it matter that I do not have proof from before these receipts? Are these receipts even acceptable?

1. William Charles Rosenfelt

7

1

Answered . It all depends on whether the other side objects to your record keeping or not. Furthermore, why can't you get information from the child care businesses to substantiate your claims of payment to it? Why can't you get their office manager to testify at your trial. Have you had them subpoenaed? You need to get a lawyer it seems.....

Bill Rosenfelt (Orlando) 407-462-8787

2. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Pro

6

1

Answered . There are different things that can be done -- but judging by your posts here on Avvo, you really need to get an attorney.

Ophelia Bernal-Mora
    Orlando Family Law Attorney
    407-354-5223

3. Tina Leah Lewert

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . The most reliable source of this information would be the testimony of a person from the daycare who has personal knowledge that you paid, or actually has the records and can bring them to court and authenticate them.

4. Carin Manders Constantine

3

Answered . Are you the same person asking about Tax Credits?

5. Vance Tate Davis

4

1

Answered . If I understand this correctly, you are creating receipts that you want to offer into evidence in a child support case? I don't know why or who told you to do this but if you try to introduce these receipts into evidence, you will have to disclose the fact that you created them or otherwise place yourself at serious legal risk so I see no point to you making your own "receipts." As has been indicated in the other answers, see about issuing a subpoena to the child care provider or getting records from the provider. Creating documents is never a good idea.