What if I do not have proof that I paid for child care when I go to court?

Orlando, FL |

Will I still be able to get this included in my child support modification? I just started writing up receipts from a book I got at Office Depot because someone told me I should. Will it matter that I do not have proof from before these receipts? Are these receipts even acceptable?

The most reliable source of this information would be the testimony of a person from the daycare who has personal knowledge that you paid, or actually has the records and can bring them to court and authenticate them.

It all depends on whether the other side objects to your record keeping or not. Furthermore, why can't you get information from the child care businesses to substantiate your claims of payment to it? Why can't you get their office manager to testify at your trial. Have you had them subpoenaed? You need to get a lawyer it seems.....

Bill Rosenfelt (Orlando) 407-462-8787

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.

It was a private individual. I do have one check that I wrote to them. I do not have time to subpoena her.

Are you the same person asking about Tax Credits?

This information is a general answer and is not specific to any particular case. Carin Manders Constantine, Esq. 727-456-0032/ 727-488-8272 familylawyer411.com/about-carin https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Law-Offices-of-Carin-M-Constantine/125967577416313 http://www.linkedin.com/pub/carin-constantine/b/861/445

Yes, how did you know?

Carin Manders Constantine

Carin Manders Constantine

Because we can spot people trying to get us to actually do their case for free, over the internet. Your questions are good ones, but you really need an attorney, not a bunch of varied answers from strangers.

I cannot afford an attorney. I lost my job at the beginning of all this, and my ex-wife has done nothing but try to squeeze all the money out of my wallet she can. I am meeting with an attorney Thursday because she does payment plans, but I still do not know if I will be able to afford that either. To be honest, I'm ready to just disappear because I am so sick of the lies and being pushed out of my children's lives.

If I understand this correctly, you are creating receipts that you want to offer into evidence in a child support case? I don't know why or who told you to do this but if you try to introduce these receipts into evidence, you will have to disclose the fact that you created them or otherwise place yourself at serious legal risk so I see no point to you making your own "receipts." As has been indicated in the other answers, see about issuing a subpoena to the child care provider or getting records from the provider. Creating documents is never a good idea.

It is impossible to give specific answers to questions without meeting and fully discussing all of the potential issues that may not be addressed by your question. The answer(s) provided should be considered general information and are not legal advice. Only after a thorough personal consultation could specific legal advice be given. Viewing this information is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. To enter such a relationship you and I would need to consult in person and form a mutually agreeable written contract of engagement. The answer(s) provided in this forum is intended to educate you and point to issues for you to raise in a consultation with a lawyer of your choosing who is appropriately competent in the field of law that your question concerns and who is duly licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where you live and/or where the events giving rise to your question occurred. You should not take any action that might affect your claim(s) without first seeking the professional opinion of a licensed attorney. There are often strict deadlines for filing suit, responding to a suit or making an appeal and you need to personally consult with an attorney to make sure that you understand and meet those deadlines.

There are different things that can be done -- but judging by your posts here on Avvo, you really need to get an attorney.

Ophelia Bernal-Mora
Orlando Family Law Attorney
407-354-5223

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-354-5223. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.