What if I can't afford to pay my outstanding parking tickets all at once, am I still able to reinstate my license?

Asked about 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

My driver's license has been suspended for a few years because of unpaid parking tickets totalling to over $4000.00. How am I able to reinstate my license on a temporary basis so that I don't lose my job? Is there such a program or offer?

1. Ted Harvatin

Pro

3

Answered . No. You have to work out something with the city before Secretary of State can help you

2. David J. Winer

3

Answered . Call the city or suburb that gave you the tickets. Each one has different rules and some may accept a down payment with a payment plan. But each locality has different policies. Only after the hold is lifted by the city will the SOS permit you to dive. It is not possible to obtain a permit from the SOS unless the city lifts the hold and notifies the SOS .

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

2

Answered . My understanding is that the Secretary of State has a strict requirement for outstanding parking tickets prior to reinstatement of the driving privileges.
    You may call the office and inquire about a payment plan if the SOS offers one at the moment.