What if doctor says i cant do my job anymore (not job related injury)

Asked about 2 years ago - Carrollton, GA

i have had hip replacement surgery and i work as a maintence helper, and job requires me to be able and squat down and lift 75 lbs. and doctor says i cant not reach below knees.. will not be able to lift the 75lbs.

1. Marilynn Mika Spencer

Answered . I am a California attorney and cannot give legal advice in your state. My comments are information only, based on federal law and general legal principles. YOUR STATE MAY HAVE ITS OWN LAWS THAT OFFER SIMILAR OR GREATER PROTECTION. If I mention your state’s laws, it only means I did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant. You MUST check with an attorney licensed in your state to learn your rights.

You may be entitled to reasonable accommodation for your disability; this reasonable accommodation may be an alteration in the way you do the job or even transfer to a vacant position. Please look at my Avvo guide on the ADA: http://www.avvo.com/pages/show?category_id=6&pe....