What if an asylee or green card holder thru asylum returns to his country of origin for a short time?

Riverside, CA |

Hi, I got my Asylum status granted few weeks ago because of fear of persecution in my country (IRAN) due to religions matters. Before that I was a F-1 student and it has been around one-year that I didnt meet my family and really missed them. Is there any possibility for me to visit my family in IRAN for a very short time and dont lose my status?
What if I wait till granting my green card? Am I still in danger of losing my permanent residency status?

1. Any time you return to the country from which you received asylum (before you become a US citizen), you are in danger of losing your asylee or resident status.

The government has the ability, before you become a US citizen, to reopen your asylum determination if they have proof that you are not in danger in your country. Your return to Iran shortly after you get asylum would almost certainly result in your asylum being taken away from you, because your actions show you have no fear of returning.

2. The safest option would be to meet your family in a third country, if they are unable to come to the United States.