What if a judge wants to override the jury can she if she thinks im guilty and im not?

Buffalo, MN |

that no reasonable jury could have ruled in that favor appropriately looking at the evidence

1. A judge can not overturn a Not Guilty verdict. In very rare situations a judge might overturn a Guilty verdict (almost never happens), but a judge can not touch an acquittal.

2. A judge cannot change a not guilty verdict of a jury, to a guilty verdict.

3. As my colleagues noted, the court cannot overturn a finding of not guilty. But could reverse a guilty verdict, though that would be very unlikely.

This response does not create an attorney client relationship and is offered for informational purposes only. Only a lawyer fully versed on the facts and circumstances of your case can properly advise you on the case. I am licensed to practice in Minnesota, not every state. You should always consult with an attorney licensed in your area on how best to proceed.

Civil rights topics