What if a judge wants to override the jury can she if she thinks im guilty and im not?

Buffalo, MN |

that no reasonable jury could have ruled in that favor appropriately looking at the evidence

A judge can not overturn a Not Guilty verdict. In very rare situations a judge might overturn a Guilty verdict (almost never happens), but a judge can not touch an acquittal.

A judge cannot change a not guilty verdict of a jury, to a guilty verdict.

As my colleagues noted, the court cannot overturn a finding of not guilty. But could reverse a guilty verdict, though that would be very unlikely.

This response does not create an attorney client relationship and is offered for informational purposes only. Only a lawyer fully versed on the facts and circumstances of your case can properly advise you on the case. I am licensed to practice in Minnesota, not every state. You should always consult with an attorney licensed in your area on how best to proceed.

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights