What I would pay is half of 7000.00of unemployment benefits (back pay)from Oregon if you get a decision in my favor.Been denied

Albany, OR |

Missed my hearing date by one hour. Lost two (dismissed appeals) definitely would have won had I shown for original hearring, which should not have occured ; employer dishonesty

You don't appear to have asked a question here, so it's hard to give an answer. (Please see this Guide: www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/five-tips-for-how-to-ask-for-legal-advice-on-avvocom .) I don't think we can just take for granted that you would have won if you'd actually shown up; but regardless, if you didn't, then your options to appeal are likely quite limited. You can consult with an attorney in private to see if there's any way around that, but in general, in most legal matters, if you fail to show up for a hearing, unless you can show a VERY compelling reason - a car accident, a mugging, that kind of thing - you're out of luck.

Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. No posts or comments on this site are in any way confidential. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: jay@northwestlawoffice.com | Online: www.northwestlawoffice.com

you should consult counsel in your area

How was the employer dishonest about you missing the hearing?

Recommended articles about Employment