What I need to do if my visa was cancelled by state departament?

Nogales, AZ |
Filed under: Immigration US visas

I'm 25 years old, I'm Mexican, never inmigrant.
My visa was cancelled in augost/10/12 they didn'tell me why. I was detained for 8 hrs. when they let me free an officer of cbp give me a form I-275.
but I didn't had any problem in USA.
My father is a truck drive and when he crossed the border ( in trailer ) was detained with ilegal drugs possession by cbp, and he could proofed those drugs wasn't of him and then they let him go and get him back his visa. 3 months later, cbp remoked his visa same like me.
this could affect mi visa? what I need to do for get my visa again?
I'm engineer in my job needs to have my visa for travel. they can do something for soliciting mi visa? is an american factory
sorry for my english I hope you can give me to understand
thank you for your time

potentially you may need to retain an attorney, do a record search, find out what happened. You will have to reapply for your visa and your job can be crucial with an explanation as to why you need to travel. But even that will not guarantee that they will re-issue it to you

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

they say you can not appeal decision of secretary or department of state, how could my company write a letter to the consulate for give me a visa again?

Irene Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

when you re-file (if eligible to re-file) for a new visa, and submit your supporting documents, the job letter would be one of those documents

the letter of my job must be direct to the consulate of nogales?

Irene Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

consult with an attorney first, have everything reviewed by a lawyer

thanks a lot Irene

What type of visa did you have? As you mentioned, it appears that US immigration officials have cancelled your visa. The form I-275 is a notice related to the cancellation of your visa.

We would need to know more information about the reasons surrounding the cancellation of your visa. Perhaps the documents that US immigration officials gave to you at the incident in August 2012 might give some explanation as to why they cancelled your visa.

At this point, you might or might not be eligible to apply for a new visa. Again, more information is needed.

I suggest that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney about your case.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

it was a visa of turist B1/B2, the inmigrations officials said clairy, we are not cancelled you visa, we have a order of secretary of state to revoke your visa your not deported o arrested for us. I went to the consulate here in Nogales sonora mexico and official there told me they can not give me back my visa, she said I must to transact again my visa. I could scan of the papers that CBP give me if you can help to know what I must to do. thanks

Michael Hugh Carlin

Michael Hugh Carlin

If you wish, you could contact my office regarding this matter. Hablamos español. (734) 369-3131.

thanks Michael I will

In order to determine why and how your visa got cancelled and what happened to your father's visa, it is necessary to get a copy of the papers you signed. I suggest filing under the freedom of information act, with customs and border protection.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Customer gave me a copy of my rights when they read to me and they said have no idea why the state departament cancelled my visa. but the say clairy we are not deport you or arrest you. is just administrative action

Recommended articles about Immigration