What I mean is that the will, the lawyer did not follow the process of filling the will i have a letter sign by my friend saying

Pompano Beach, FL |

what I mean is that the will, the lawyer did not follow the process of filling the will i have a letter sign by my friend saying he left everything he own to my wife . his sister is Comtempting her brother's will. but she is not in the will. but remember the will is not good can she do that? Can I sue the lower.

Your summary makes no sense. It is not clear what you think the lawyer did or did not do. What does the letter have to do with anything? Why is the sister contesting the Will? Why is the Will no good? What would you sue the lawyer for?

Please feel free to repost this with MUCH more information, and we will try to help.

James Frederick

*** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state.

Your question is incredibly difficult to understand. A letter by itself has zero legal significance (with limited exception in a support role). Without the Will or at least a copy of the Will, it will be incredibly difficult to prove your position.

Additionally, you have no legal interest in this probate whether or not the Will exists, so only your wife would be able to file a lawsuit.

Lastly, I agree with Attorney Frederick. Please clarify your question and perhaps the community may be better able to assist you. Best of luck. Office tel: (561)245-4723 Website: The answer provided does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is the answer provided intended to be relied upon as legal advice. The information provided by the questioner is insufficient to serve as the basis for meaningful legal analysis. It is the questioner's responsibility to seek legal advice from an attorney who has had the opportunity to familiarize herself with the full details of the questioner's case. By providing these answers, I am not obligated to respond to any subsequent communication from the questioner. If the questioner would like me to serve as their legal counsel and render legal advice, they will have to sign a retainer agreement. The questioner is free to contact my office for a complimentary 30 minute consultation.

My colleagues are correct. Your question begs for additional facts and a clear presentation. It may help us to answer your question, if you sit down with someone else to re-write the question. That being said, there are also a lot more questions that come up, including, why do you think the lawyer filed the will correctly. Why is the will being contested? What is the letter? Why is the will not good?

When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel.

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates