What I go to find on Case Management Conference?

Asked about 2 years ago - Deltona, FL

I have one on October 8, 2012 at 10:00am with Honorable Matthew M. Foxman. This is all about change the Custody from sole custody to shared and I don't agree.

1. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . You really need to read this Statute, 61.13(3). This includes the factors that the court uses to make a decision. In order for there to be a modification, there must be a substantial change in circumstances. What substantial change is alleged by him? The change in the law is not a substantial change in circumstances. I have to be at the same CMC and would gladly talk with you briefly about your case.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239
  2. Gregory Thomas Buckley

Pro

1

1

Answered . Have you aleady filed an Answer with the court? A Case Management Conference is usually an opportunity for the court to be sure that the case is moving forward.

3. Joanna Marie Mitchell

Pro

1

1

Answered . To answer your question: A case managment conference is exactly what its name implies, a conference wherein the judge reviews the progress and status of a case and sets deadlines for things to be completed thereby managing or monitoring the case and making sure that it moves forward in a timely fashion.

As an aside, with something as important as your son at stake and his well being, I would strongly suggest consulting with and retaining an attorney to assist you. Especially if you are not familiar with Florida Statutes and Family Law Rules and Procedures. Florida no longer has "custody", and under the new timesharing standards, 50/50 timesharing is frequently awarded.

Detailed answers to many frequently asked questions regarding divorce, custody, visitation, child support, alimony, paternity and other Family Law matters are located on my website at http://www.mitchell-pa.com/FAQ_Main.html Be sure to stop by and check it out! And of course, if you have a question that is not addressed, please feel free to email me directly.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, my office offers free initial telephone consultations. During the consultation, we can discuss the particulars of your situation in depth, as well as explore your potential rights and options. If you would like to coordinate a free initial telephone consultation, please contact my office at 407-971-6140 or 352-324-2444 to schedule same.

Please note that THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and are for informational purposes only. This response is not intended to create any attorney-client relationship and is only based on the limited facts given. The response might change should additional facts be learned and should not be relied on as legal advice. It is recommended that you consult with an attorney who can properly assess the situation, as well as all pertinent facts, prior to taking any action based on the foregoing statements.

Joanna Mitchell
    Mitchell & Associates, P.A.
    614 E. Hwy 50, Suite 327
    Clermont, FL 34711-3164
    PH: (352) 324-2444
    FX: (352) 324-2229
    Email: jmitchell@mitchell-pa.com
    Web: www.mitchell-pa.com