What happndwith alein when uscis found out marriage fraud?

Asked over 4 years ago - Kennewick, WA

i entered in us on b1 visa, became over stayed for one year, then married to us citizen, god ead, ss and drivers licence, meanwhile uscis visit my house and and my wife give them in writing that she enter into marriage just because of her daughter because her daughter is in relationship with me for 7 years and she is only permanent residence and i cant marry with her, what happnd next, are they going to come and arrest me for deportation, or how they are going to start removal proceedings?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Brian David Lerner

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Hello:

    The facts as you have stated do not specifically indicate whether there is or is not marriage fraud. If there is marriage fraud, you will not be allowed any immigration benefit for the rest of your life. Thus, it is critical when you are in removal proceedings that you fight the marriage fraud issue. Please see more below.


    Brian D. Lerner
    Attorney at Law

  2. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . This is as serious as it gets.
    Why would you even post this online?
    You should contact an immigration lawyer immediately to discuss your case IN PRIVATE!
    You are welcome to contact me via the link provided below if you wish, but please get off the internet!

  3. Nicklaus James Misiti

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Based on the facts you stated, it is likely you will be put into removal proceedings. In addition, the penalties for marriage fraud can be severe, ie. no permanent ban. You need to hire an attorney immediately, so they can advise you on this sensitive matter. Please feel free to contact me for a free consultation.
    Nick Misiti
    Misiti Global, PLLC.
    716 830 7960

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

16,284 answers this week

2,222 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

16,284 answers this week

2,222 attorneys answering