What happens when your Florida child support case is sent to their attorneys?

Asked 12 months ago - Brandon, FL

My child's father has been eluding child support since it was ordered by the judge. He moved out of state and only pays $50 when he gets a notice. He has filed fraudulent tax returns for FL DOR to intercept to get out of paying. Resulting in the IRS catching it and requesting FL DOR to pay it back (they did). His license were suspended but he paid the required amount to get them back and hasn't paid since, he has been filing petitions saying he is unemployed but I have proof of him with his business he operates and has been advertising. But he never goes through with the petitions. Child support is based off minimum wage and he still keeps lying trying to avoid that. Now I found out today that the case was sent to FL DOR attorneys, what does this mean or what could happen?

1. William Charles Rosenfelt

3

Answered . It likely means that more punitive/coercive action is being sought by DOR. DOR would have been involved already to suspend his license, I'm guessing. So this is just more of the same. You really need to hire a private attorney if you'd like to get quicker results........like in front of a judge on a contempt motion!

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787

2. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

3

Answered . It merely means that the State of Florida is going after him further now. You will need to stay in touch with that attorney's office and give them the information you have gathered.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239
  3. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with Mr. Rosenfelt - DOR cases are like an endless cycle and get dragged on and on. It might be time to consider having an attorney on your side to be more aggressive and try to obtain results.

4. John Arthur Smitten

1

Answered . DOR is slow but they can do stuff that a private lawyer cannot - like intercept a tax refund.