Skip to main content

What happens when arrested on a DUI warrant?

Philadelphia, PA |

My husband was arrested at work due to a warrant for a DUI. I have not heard from him since and have not been able to get any information on him.I was told that he was taken to the sheriffs department and that he will probably have court on Monday. I have no idea where to go or how I can get anymore information regarding him.

Attorney Answers 3


Your husband can be held for processing and eventually detained pending a preliminary arraignment. This is where he is formally noticed of the charges and bail is set. You could contact the local prison, bailbondsmen, or police department to determine your husband's whereabouts. They will tell you. The bailbondsmen can work with you toward your husband's release on bail pending further hearing. Most individuals arrested for DUI are detained for processing, fingerprinting and arraigment, and then released on bail without issue.

Mark as helpful


you should start with the police depatment that arrested him, they will tell you where he is being held, The sherrif's dept should tell you where he is, then you can find out what court he will be in on Monday. The issue before the judge is why did he default and how can your family promise he will not default again and show up for court. If this is a first offense DUI and he has nothign else on the record, he will probably get a low bail. Take it one step at a time and you should definately hire a good local attorney or use the PD office. Good luck.

Mark as helpful

7 found this helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Contact the city on their general information line 215-686-1776 Then ask for Court Administration at the Criminal Justice Center they will patch you through and you can ask then when your husbands hearing is. It is likely that he was held either at the roundhouse ( police HQ) or the Phialdephia Men's Detention Center until he goes before a bail commissioner today ( Monday) who will set bail for him.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics