What happens when an Order To Show Cause filed against me was postponed for a review for compliance?

Asked 10 months ago - Milwaukee, WI

My ex wife filed an OTSC on me for failure to pay child support on a court order. At the hearing, the commissioner set a new court order ($200 a month) and set a review for February to monitor compliance . I was told that if I do not pay the order in full for the 3 months until the review, I will be certified and they will seek to incarcerate me. My question is, what happens at the review hearing if I PAY each month (which I will obviously to avoid going to jail)? Will the OTSC be thrown out? Or will they keep it open indefinitely? Will they continue to monitor it for compliance? Or does it get dismissed then?

1. Gregory J. Jerabek

Pro

2

1

Answered . If you comply with the order for the next 3 months, the OTSC will be vacated and you will no longer be at risk of incarceration (unless of course you stop paying again).

2. Christopher J. MacGillis

1

Answered . This is a complicated issue. I suggest you meet with a lawyer to review the issue thoroughly.