What happens when an Order To Show Cause filed against me was postponed for a review for compliance?

Milwaukee, WI |

My ex wife filed an OTSC on me for failure to pay child support on a court order. At the hearing, the commissioner set a new court order ($200 a month) and set a review for February to monitor compliance . I was told that if I do not pay the order in full for the 3 months until the review, I will be certified and they will seek to incarcerate me. My question is, what happens at the review hearing if I PAY each month (which I will obviously to avoid going to jail)? Will the OTSC be thrown out? Or will they keep it open indefinitely? Will they continue to monitor it for compliance? Or does it get dismissed then?

If you comply with the order for the next 3 months, the OTSC will be vacated and you will no longer be at risk of incarceration (unless of course you stop paying again).

In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship. You should seek counsel in your geographic area regarding any specific questions.

This is a complicated issue. I suggest you meet with a lawyer to review the issue thoroughly.

Civil motions topics