What happens when a service of an Order of Protection was invalid? Can the case be dropped for that?

New York, NY |

Said they gave it to me at 11am when I received it a 6pm. and they didn't give it to me in person, it was my neighbor.

1. The order of protection is not valid unless service is valid. That sounds like a defensible case.

Scott Gross
    516-662-7995

This is not a solicitation nor is it legal advice. An attorney/client relationship has not been established. The Law Offices of Scott Gross, PC 631-456-2326 Scottgrosslaw.com

2. Violations of the order of protection are not prosecutable as you were not properly served. That does not mean that you can't now be served properly and have the order enforced.

I hope you found this answer helpful and if so, please let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated. You can also choose a "best answer" if you wish. This is easy to do and greatly appreciated.

This advice is not meant to create an attorney-client relationship and is a general anwer to the question posed.

3. The order of protection cannot be enforced if you we're not properly served.