What happens when a marriage based green card is denied and subsequent appeals are also denied?

Asked over 2 years ago - Portland, OR

I am currently on H1b and live in Oregon. I moved here last year from Oklahoma. After I moved, I married a US citizen who I met in college. As she is still in college, she still lives in Oklahoma. I am applying for green card but as we live in different states, I am scared it might be rejected. She graduates in May 2013 and then she will move to Oregon to live with me. If I apply and they reject my green card, will they deport me or they will allow me to stay in the US till my H1B expires? I have several pictures, over 2000 facebook messages, emails, joint tax return and car loans, medical and life insurance showing her as beneficiary, several round trip plan tickets. I also have video of our wedding showing all my friends and her family members. Will all this evidence be enough?

1. Robert West

1

Answered . People living in two places are difficult cases. You really need to hire a good lawyer to assist you.

2. Michael Aaron Neufeld

1

Answered . Step 1 hire a lawyer,
    Step 2 get married your lawyer will instuct you on documentation
    Step 3 have your lawyer file, he will instruct you on the things you should be doing to show the government your relationship is real.

http://www.azduifirm.com/Immigration_Lawyer_Ari...

The majority of the time when a 1-485 is denied if there is no criminal history you are not a priority of CIS to deport but you never know how policies may or not be the same when you are done.

3. Meghan Anne Abigail

Answered . I think that evidence would be sufficient to show that the marriage is in good faith. I would also recommend submitting her college transcripts and proof of your employment, along with an explanation of your situation.