What happens to someone who doesnt follow court orders?

Asked over 2 years ago - Escalon, CA

My ex-wife continues to disregard court orders for our children, what can i do as the father to have this stop?

1. Cathleen Elisabeth Norton

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . Yikes! It depends on the judge. But when the violation is serious or repeated after several warnings, the court can (and will) seriously consider changing custody to the other parent. In LA County, judges take violations of custody orders quite seriously.

2. Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

1

Answered . if someone doesn't follow court orders the proper thing to do is file contempt against the person. If not in family law the next time the parties appear the court may adjust the orders. If they are egregious then contempt is the proper route. Contempt is quasi-criminal so this is not for the self represented. I have yet to see someone self represented do it by successfully.