What happens to my credit after an eviction?

Saint Paul, MN |

My landlord told me I will never own a house in my lifetime again if I am evicted...

1. Your landlord is wrong and unkind.

2. I agree with Mr Cobb. A single eviction will hurt your rental history, and may give you a headache in the future when buying a house or renting a new place, but you have some options. First consider consulting an attorney to see if you can get your eviction expunged. Second, some landlords or lenders may allow you to explain the circumstances of your eviction and cut you some slack when applying for future leases or mortgages. Last, if you haven't been evicted yet, but your landlord is threatening it, consult an attorney to see if you can negotiate something with your landlord.

Andrew C. Thompson, Attorney at Law, 1539 Grand Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105, (651) 698-2181, athompson@tl-attorneys.com I am providing this information solely for informational purposes. The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. Nothing transmitted in this posting establishes an attorney-client relationship. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. You are welcome to contact me personally in anyway. However, such contact does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to me until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

Landlord-tenant law topics