What happens to illegal immigrants if they have no state ID and can only provide a passport from their country of origin?

Asked over 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

Has been in the States for 12+ years. Has a passport from his country of origin - Mexico, but does not have a US ID or visa. No criminal record or otherwise. Has a child that was conceived and born in the united states. Has maintained a job for over 5 years in the same place but does not have a right to work card.

1. Ingrid Arnalda Morfa

11

Best Answer

Answered . Any illegal immigrant can be removed for simple being illegal. If you are asking whether there is immigration relief available to someone in his situation, there might be. I suggest that you consult an immigration attorney regarding DACA.

2. Ji Min Kim

Pro

12

Answered . To do what? If they are here illegally, they can be removed. Not because they don't have the state i.d. Simply because they are here illegally. (Is this your question?)
    Please clarify your question.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

11

Answered . Did he enter when he was less than 16? Is he less than 31? Did he finish HS, or get a GED?

If so, then he should meet with an attorney to discuss DACA.

4. Kristin D Figueroa-Contreras

5

Answered . I echo my colleagues´advice. Your friend should consult with an immigration attorney to explore his possibilities. He may very well be eligible for DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals). It is not clear to me why he was visited at his home by the police. Were they local police officers. It is strange to me that an officer would tell him to go get an ID and that they would return..