What happens to a minor shoplifting with no previous record and what should they do?

Asked 7 months ago - Bowling Green, KY

I shoplifted from dollar general, which was a huge mistake and my first time. It was about 12 dollars worth and I make great grade and am in a bunch of advanced classes. I've never done anything bad In my life except for this. I was caught and police came, gave me a citation and said I would be called for a court date. I have no idea what is going to happened to me. What should I do and expect?

1. Frank Mascagni III

Answered . Have your parents contact a criminal defense lawyer in your area to represent you in juvenile court. www.kacdl.net

You will receive a letter from a social worker or the clerk of you. Contact you ttorney who will direct you from there.

2. Peter John Marek

Answered . Mr. Mascagni is correct. Your parents need to seek local KY criminal defense attorneys for a free consultation. They will pick the one they like, trust and can afford following the free consultations. Let that attorney guide you and them. You will probably receive notice of the court date in the mail also. Possible results are dismissal through conviction (MANY). Good Luck. Hope this helps?