What happens to a minor shoplifting with no previous record and what should they do?

Bowling Green, KY |

I shoplifted from dollar general, which was a huge mistake and my first time. It was about 12 dollars worth and I make great grade and am in a bunch of advanced classes. I've never done anything bad In my life except for this. I was caught and police came, gave me a citation and said I would be called for a court date. I have no idea what is going to happened to me. What should I do and expect?

1. Have your parents contact a criminal defense lawyer in your area to represent you in juvenile court. www.kacdl.net

You will receive a letter from a social worker or the clerk of you. Contact you ttorney who will direct you from there.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

2. Mr. Mascagni is correct. Your parents need to seek local KY criminal defense attorneys for a free consultation. They will pick the one they like, trust and can afford following the free consultations. Let that attorney guide you and them. You will probably receive notice of the court date in the mail also. Possible results are dismissal through conviction (MANY). Good Luck. Hope this helps?