What happens to a first time arrest of identity theft and unlawful use of credit card?

Chicago, IL |

I am 20 years old. I go to Business College. I have no backround and this is my first arrest. There was three transactions made one for $107, the second $110, and the third $212. What is going to happen to me? During my intragation I confessed and returned the "stolen" merchandise.

The answer really depends on the prosecution and what they recommend to the Court... Illinois does not have a "schedule" of punishments like federal courts do, so the judge has much more discretion.

I would HIGHLY recommend hiring an attorney to represent you, especially if you want a career in business. Most licensed professions in Illinois require background checks and crimes involving, fraud or dishonestly are usually red flags.

NOTE: This answer is not intended to be legal advice and should not be construed in that way. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and no such relationship may be created absent a signed retainer agreement. The author is licensed in Illinois only, and his answer is for educational purposes alone.