What happens to a child that was legally abducted under US law,

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

What happens to a child that was legally abducted under US law, to another country that returns to the USA a few days after her 18 birthdays? She wants to speak to the US family court judge that gave custody to her father, and held he mother in contempt of court. She is afraid that if her mother returns to the USA she will be arrested. Her mother is in another country.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

6

Answered . How can someone be legally abducted?

2. Mary Katherine Brown

Pro

4

Answered . I suggest the mother and daughter contact a local attorney to discuss their goals, the relevant history and current circumstances in a confidential setting, and then be guided accordingly. Good luck!

3. David Ivan Bliven

Pro

3

Answered . See my prior answer to your duplicate post.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.