What happens next in probate court?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Oakland, CA

My brother is administrator of my mother's estate. I was not happy about it because I knew and had documented evidence he was receiving rent for several years, among also taking her luxury car as soon as she passed. He failed to mention both of these on the accounting statements, and has stolen about $100,000 from the estate. I retained an attorney and a few months ago my counsel sent his counsel a letter informing him of what his client failed to tell him and the courts. Now my brother is not contacting his legal counsel anymore and avoiding the situation. My counsel filed request for special notice 90 days ago, but what happens next?

1. Michael Raymond Daymude

Pro

2

1

Answered . This is a question you need to ask your attorney. You attorney needs to file a petition in probate court -- not merely write letters.

2. John Noah Kitta

1

1

Answered . You need to file a motion and have your brother replaced as Administrator of the Estate. If you have proof of his illegal conduct I would also file a police report. Nothing outside of the courtroom will provide you any effective relief.

3. James P. Frederick

2

1

Answered . This is something you need to address with your lawyer. Lawyers are ethically prevented from advising you when you are already represented by counsel.

James Frederick

4. John Andrew Tomlinson

1

1

Answered . This is a question for your attorney. You should be able to speak with him, or at least his assistant, regarding what to expect next and when. They are the best source for this information since they know all of the relevant facts of your case.