What happens next after the Biometric appointment?

Asked about 1 year ago - Baltimore, MD

I recently attended my biometric appointment , my fingerprint and picture was taken. I am now awaiting the next step. What would the next likely step be and how would it take before i get to the next step?

1. Julio Enrique Moreno

Pro

1

Answered . If you filed an adjustment application, the next step should be an interview at the local USCIS office after your background check and routing to the local office is completed.

2. Aggie Rachel Hoffman

1

Answered . The next step depends on what kind of application you filed. Some, like marriage cases, require an interview; others, such as employment basede, are only randomly selected or because there are issues that need further inquiry.

3. Fankai Tseng

1

Answered . Although more information is needed, based on your question's "subject/taglines" you probably took Biometrics for an Adjustment of Status. The next step is getting scheduled for an interview which can take a few months of waiting after you've taken the Biometrics. Depending on the type of Adjustment case you have and any prior immigration history you may have, you might consider consulting with an immigration attorney to prepare for any interview you may be scheduled for.

The information is not legal advice and informational only. No attorney client relationship should be construed.