What happens if you violate a court order to not have your boyfriend around your children while going through the divorce?

Asked about 1 year ago - Garden City, MI

My boyfriends soon to be ex-wife was ordered not to have her new boyfriend around the children and she continues to have him around them.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Brenda J. Richard

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . There are no hard and fast rules. In this scenario, violation of the court's order could result in anything from a slap on the wrist to a suspension of parenting time. Your friend should consult with an attorney.

    Brenda Richard

    My response to the questions asked does not create an attorney/client relationship between myself and the questioner.

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,788 answers this week

2,702 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,788 answers this week

2,702 attorneys answering