Skip to main content

What happens if you move out of county without the courts permission.

Irwin, PA |

I was just wondering what would happen if you moved out of county without the courts permission because you A.) Did not file proper paperwork or B.) The judge said no.

Attorney Answers 3


If this is a custody matter, you could be found in contempt. If this is a probation/parole matter you could be violated.

Stew Crawford, Jr., Esq.

Crawford Law Firm
A Full Service Law Firm Serving Pennsylvania & New Jersey

Philadelphia Area Office
223 North Monroe Street
Media, Pennsylvania 19063


All information provided in this comment is intended for informational purposes only and does not, by itself, create an attorney client relationship. Without the benefit a personal consultation to exploe all of the facts of your legal problem, the information in this posting may be inaccurate and for that reason it should not be relied upon. If you wish to consult with an attorney, or have any questions concerning this comment, please feel free to contact our offices through any of the above contact sources.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


This could be a violation of your sentence which could result in jail time. Why would you consider taking such questionable action.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


You are required to notify probation of any change of address within the sentencing county. Moving to a different county should be run by your PO first. As Mr. Keller has already observed, why would you do that?

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics