What happens if you lie on a police report?

Lancaster, TX |

a few months ago i was at a gas station,and a man asked me if i wanted to buy somthing from him.at that time i didnt have enough money to buy it..so i told him to give me his number.a couple weeks ago, i called him an told him that i had money to buy what he was trying to sell me..so we met up at a gas station an i gave him tha money, and he gave me what i thought i had bought..and it came out to be that he left with my money..an gave me a box. i was very upset..so i called the cops and made a report..how ever i didnt tell the cop everything..i just told the cop that a person stole money from me.now a cop keeps calling me wanting more information about what happen that night.i dont know what to do.i didnt lie about anything else.expect i didnt tell him that i was buying something from him.

Making a false police report is a misdemeanor in Texas. I would consult with an attorney before doing anything further at this point.

I am a Landscape Contractor. I was contracted to design/install a landscape for a young attorney. She gave me a deposit of $5,000. The very next day, I delivered the materials to the job site. A week later, she backed out and wanted her money back. After I didn't, she called the police and told them that I delivered 3 plants. (I delivered 199. Less than a week later, I was arrested for THEFT. A good friend of her Mother's, Judge Wattigny, set the bond at $150,000. I stayed in jail for 8 days. Can I sue the client? Do you think I have a case? My email is goodcajuncooking@yahoo.com My name is Donnie Bulliard...google me. Thanks!!!

You can be charged with a misdemeanor offense of filling a false police report. You should not talk with the officer any further and should consult with an attorney.