What happens if you lie on a police report?

Asked over 3 years ago - Lancaster, TX

a few months ago i was at a gas station,and a man asked me if i wanted to buy somthing from him.at that time i didnt have enough money to buy it..so i told him to give me his number.a couple weeks ago, i called him an told him that i had money to buy what he was trying to sell me..so we met up at a gas station an i gave him tha money, and he gave me what i thought i had bought..and it came out to be that he left with my money..an gave me a box. i was very upset..so i called the cops and made a report..how ever i didnt tell the cop everything..i just told the cop that a person stole money from me.now a cop keeps calling me wanting more information about what happen that night.i dont know what to do.i didnt lie about anything else.expect i didnt tell him that i was buying something from him.

1. John Walter Robinson

Answered . Making a false police report is a misdemeanor in Texas. I would consult with an attorney before doing anything further at this point.

2. Cynthia Russell Henley

Answered . You can be charged with a misdemeanor offense of filling a false police report. You should not talk with the officer any further and should consult with an attorney.