What happens if you had miss your court date for truancy ? am i able to go the next day if i call early in the morning ?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Arlington, TX

I had gotten sick on the day of my court date. And I have no idea if my uncle had called to ask for a reschedule and now their office is close. Would i be able to call in the morning and ask for a new court date ?

1. Cynthia Russell Henley

Answered . At this point you can only do what you can do. Call the court and try to explain what happened. They could issue a warrant for your arrest. You have got to make going to court a priority.

2. Charles Elwood Soechting Jr.

Answered . You can certainly try, but you better be able to prove you were sick- either a prescription for medication or a family member or someone else that can vouch for you.

Call the court right away, apologize, and request a new hearing date.