What happens if you drop dirty on your first test if they gave you 36 days to become clean

Asked over 2 years ago - Marine City, MI

i violated probation an have court tommrow an wanna know whats gunna happen

1. Daniel P. Hilf

Answered . If the violation of probation is established by a preponderance of the evidence, or if you admit to violating your probation, it is up to the Judge to decide what happens. The Judge could elect to do nothing, the Judge could add conditions to your probation, the Judge could extend your probation, the Judge could put you in jail. If you are on any provision in the law to expunge the conviction, such as 7411 or HYTA, the Judge has the option to revoke that status. The Judge will probably be interested in how you are addressing your drug problem. If you don't have a lawyer, you should ask for one or ask for an adjournment so you can hire a lawyer.

2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Answered . I think you have been given a second bite at the proverbial apple of keeping the probation by being offered 36 days to remedy your tainted drug test. On the other hand, by keeping clean you maintain the probation and that alone in my humble opinion beats the alternative of jail.
    I think you must have an attorney in Michigan to represent you legal interests to keep you on probation, otherwise you may lose that privilege.