What happens if you don't show up to a green card interview?

Asked about 1 year ago - Woodland, CA

I am the sponsor of an immigrant spouse that is up for a green card interview this week. She was not faithful and I don't want to go to help her. Will there be any negative repercussions for me?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Best Answer

Answered . The interview will likely be Rescheduled at least once. When you also fail to show up for the second one, the case will be denied. They will be no repercussions on you the US citizen petitioner. You are free to change your mind at any time. A better and more effective way would be for you to send a withdrawal letter to USCIS withdrawing your I-130 petition, as well as your affidavit of support, effective immediately.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

1

Answered . Never do something you do not have the heart to do. There will be no negative ramifications for you.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

2

Answered . None.