What happens if you don't pay your attorney for services he supposley provided?

Asked over 2 years ago - Elgin, IL

I took my son's father to court since he was not paying child support for the past 4 years. I met with my attorney gave him info on my situation and what I was looking for. I was told he would be served with in a month. That did not happen. When I started to question his billing he said that didn't trust him I said that is not the problem I just want to know what I am paying for. So from that point on he had me talking to his secretary to answer any of my questions. Back in December a process server went to serve my son's father at his home he was not there so the process server went and told the landlord why he was there and the landlord went and told him he had someone looking for him.

Four months & $3000 later still nothing.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. David Matthew Gotzh


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . We can't second guess your attorney. If you're not happy, get a new one. That's all anyone can do at this point.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,605 answers this week

3,231 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,605 answers this week

3,231 attorneys answering