What happens if you don't pay your attorney for services he supposley provided?

Elgin, IL |

I took my son's father to court since he was not paying child support for the past 4 years. I met with my attorney gave him info on my situation and what I was looking for. I was told he would be served with in a month. That did not happen. When I started to question his billing he said that didn't trust him I said that is not the problem I just want to know what I am paying for. So from that point on he had me talking to his secretary to answer any of my questions. Back in December a process server went to serve my son's father at his home he was not there so the process server went and told the landlord why he was there and the landlord went and told him he had someone looking for him.

Four months & $3000 later still nothing.

1. We can't second guess your attorney. If you're not happy, get a new one. That's all anyone can do at this point.

Child support topics