What happens if you don't change your address with immigration?

Asked 8 months ago - Boston, MA

Especially involving an I-751 waiver. I moved out when my ex and I separated. But I did not change the address. We divorced 6 months after separation. Immigration may think that's when I moved out and also separated. My ex said she reported me to immigration for "marriage fraud" and I believe she also reported when we truly split up, which was 7 months after marriage but I claimed that we separated later than that. Now in my interview, are they going to ask me when I truly moved out? I never changed my address with immigration until I applied for I-751 waiver. Because they may see that my ex's and my story of when I moved out/separated don't match. Will I be criticized for that?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

10

Answered . Of course. You need to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Please see

2. Gregory Romanovsky

3

Answered . Multiple variations of this question have been posted on this forum in the last few weeks. You really need a lawyer to help you with this case. That is if you want to stay in the U.S., of course.

3. Aneliya M. Angelova

Pro

2

Answered . Make sure you tell the truth. If you don't have a lawyer, it is time to hire one now. Good luck!

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.