What happens if you are questioned while you are intoxicated?

York, PA |

Police pressure confession while under the influence, will this hold up in court?

Nothing if you voluntarily answer, intoxication is not a beating.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.

It is difficult to answer your question completely based on the information you have provided. There may be certain defenses in your case that an experienced Attorney would be able to identify but more information would be needed. You may want to schedule a consultation with a local Attorney and have them review your case. After they have discussed the case with you and reviewed your Criminal Complaint along with the Affidavit of Probable Cause, they should be able to tell you what possible defenses there are in your case.

Responses provided by Joseph A. Paletta, Esq., and the members of this lawfirm are intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as providing legal advice regarding an individual situation. No attorney-client relationship is created by answering this question. 412.391.7999 aimee@lawyerpaletta.com

If it was voluntary then you said it and now own it, there may be issues to be raised regarding the stop etc. More info is needed to determine, my suggestion is you retain a criminal defense attorney who can look t the entirety and determine your best course if action.

The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Theodor Kapun and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney.

If your confession is suppressed, the fact that you were intoxicated will not be why. You'll need to work with a local attorney to explore other options and to defend you generally.

This answer does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

When evaluating the voluntariness of a confession, a fact-specific inquiry is required. Thus, intoxication is not the only factor to be considered. Rather, it requires an analysis of all the surrounding circumstances.

However, you should not post any more facts in this forum, as it is not a confidential setting. Instead, you should immediately contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer that practices in your area for a phone consultation.

The information provided herein neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor should it be used or relied upon to make any decision in your case. Communications made in open forums are neither made in a confidential setting nor protected by the attorney-client privilege. You should consult directly with an attorney to obtain a full evaluation of your case.

You say stupid things.