What happens if the person who filed temporary restraining order does not show up for the court hearing?

i heard that the accuser is not planning to go to court, probaly because all claims are false. what happens then?

1. If the moving party does not appear in court for the hearing the case is usually dismissed. Just because you do not believe they are going to show up is no reason not to go yourself.
    They just might appear and if you are not there an order could be issued against you. Make sure you file your answer to the restraining order with the court at least five days prior to the hearing.

2. Generally if the accuser does not appear in court for the hearing the case is dismissed. However you should still file your answer to the restraining order with the court. In addition you should also keep in mind that depending on the allegations there could still be criminal charges filed.
    Please contact my office I would be happy to assist you with any further questions you might have.

Lawrence I. Wolf, Esq.
    310 277-1707

3. Protect yourself by filling your answer.If the accuser shows up and you have no response the court may not consider your position. The court will dismiss without the accusser being there.

Domestic violence topics