What happens if the i130 was denied?? Do you get deported?

Bayshore, NY |

i will be getting married in December to my army BF and we want to what happens if my i130 is denied. i don't have any reason as to why it should but i just want to be aware

What happens is entirely up to the government.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

If you entered the country illegal or are currently out of status at the time the I-130 is denied, there is a possibility that you will be referred to the Immigration Court. However, there is relief available in the Court depending on your situation. I would consult an attorney in your area to review your case more thoroughly so that you have a better idea of the merits of your I-130 petition.

If you are out of status when the I-130 is denied then you can be placed into removal proceedings.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Recommended articles about Form I-130 (alien relative)