What happens if the court releases you and ICE still have a hold on you?

Houston, TX |

My boyfriend has been detained by ICE for a few months now finally after several court dates the judge decided to cancel his deportation and release him, we was expecting him home after calling the detention facility that has him we found out he is still there, I am trying to understand why if he has been release by the judge!

There can be a lot of variables to be able to properly answer your question in this forum. If the judge granted a form of relief known as Cancellation of Removal, then your boyfriend should be released if no the same day, then the next, unless it was on a weekend or if the government has reserved the right to appeal the decision of the judge, My advise is to contact a local experienced immigration attorney her in Houston. Good luck

Attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Please contact at the Law Office of Daniel Corno, (832) 767-2922, 1535 South Richey, Pasadena, Texas 77502 elabogadodaniel@yahoo.com, elabogadodaniel.com

The judge decided on Thursday to cancelled his Deportation, what are the variables I need a proper answer to make my next decision on how to help him.

Daniel Jason Corno

Daniel Jason Corno

You need to hire an attorney to take a close look at the case to properly advise you and potentially investigate what action the government has taken.

Daniel Jason Corno

Daniel Jason Corno

I have seen these issues come up before. Where my clients interpret what the judge has done is positive and helpful, but unfortunately was misinterpreted by my client. I have also seen where the government has reserved appeal. These should be your main concern. That is why it is essential for an attorney to properly investigate and advise.

We have and Attorney, The Attorney called his sister to inform her of the decision I don't think she misinterpreted what the judge told her.

Daniel Jason Corno

Daniel Jason Corno

Then you should follow up with that attorney. Good luck

I would love to follow up with the Attorney unfortunately I live out of the country and I can only go with what his sister is telling me, that is why I ask because none of us is fully understanding what is going on. Thank you for help :)

I agree with Mr. Corno.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 |ICannHelpYouNow.com | John1Davidson@gmail.com

I agree with Atty Corno.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration