What happens if my bank sells my note to another bank while in the process of foreclosure?

Asked over 2 years ago - Ormond Beach, FL

I am currently in a foreclosure. My bank sold the note to a different bank before the foreclosure sale was held. The foreclosure sale was held after the note was sold. Is the sale still valid. A new attorney did not take over for the old bank. The new note holder has not filed anything in the case.

1. 3

Answered . you should have the matter reviewed by a lawyer who handles foreclosure cases. its possible that the sale is valid depending on what documents have been filed. without a review of the documents its not possible to give an answer

2. 1

Answered . If it is done properly the new bank takes over the foreclosure. If not done properly then the bank may lack standing and there are issues.

Likely the investor is the same but only the servicer changed. This is a complex issue and I agree with the other answer that you should consult an attorney with foreclosure experience to evaluate your specific situation.

3. Answered . The bank who initiated the foreclosure had standing, I presume. Who is the judge? You need a foreclosure attorney who knows the mortgage industry well.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239