Skip to main content

What happens if i was sentenced to 5 days county jail and dont turn myself in at at certain time?

Denver, CO |

Im currently in Colorado, i was previuosly on probation for DWAI i finished up my required classes and MAD pannels,only thing i didnt finish the complete 10 hours of my 80 hours of community service resulting me having to go back to court. I have to serv 5 days in county jail and im off probation, What could be the worse case if i was to not turn myself in?

Attorney Answers 4


The worst thing the court could do is sentence you to the maximum year in jail. DO NOT do this. You need to ask for a stay of execution rather than not show up.

Call me if you would like to discuss your options.

No answer here should be considered to form an attorney-client relationship. You should consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction so that a full evaluation of the facts of your case can be conducted.

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree


You would be charged with misdemeanor escape. Escape is easy to prove in your case and would result in a consecutive jail setence of up to 90 days.


Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


You could face additional jail time, new charges, and/or a warrant for your arrest could issues. Take care of this now rather then later; it would only get worse with time.

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree


The other attorneys are correct, the judge could hit you with more jail, 30 days, 60 days, up to a year. You should ask for a continuance and get everything done by the next court date. Also, you might be able to get work release over straight jail.

Marijuana is against federal law. Federal law supersedes state law. A person could be charged and convicted for marijuana related crimes such as possession, cultivation, distribution, manufacturing, transportation, and conspiracy.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics