What happens if i was sentenced to 5 days county jail and dont turn myself in at at certain time?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Denver, CO

Im currently in Colorado, i was previuosly on probation for DWAI i finished up my required classes and MAD pannels,only thing i didnt finish the complete 10 hours of my 80 hours of community service resulting me having to go back to court. I have to serv 5 days in county jail and im off probation, What could be the worse case if i was to not turn myself in?

1. Laurie Ann Schmidt

Pro

7

Answered . You could face additional jail time, new charges, and/or a warrant for your arrest could issues. Take care of this now rather then later; it would only get worse with time.

2. John Lawrence Buckley

6

Answered . The worst thing the court could do is sentence you to the maximum sentence...one year in jail. DO NOT do this. You need to ask for a stay of execution rather than not show up.

Call me if you would like to discuss your options.

3. Brandon Uriah Luna

Pro

4

Answered . Denver.
    You would be charged with misdemeanor escape. Escape is easy to prove in your case and would result in a consecutive jail setence of up to 90 days.

Brandon

4. Clifton L Black

2

Answered . The other attorneys are correct, the judge could hit you with more jail, 30 days, 60 days, up to a year. You should ask for a continuance and get everything done by the next court date. Also, you might be able to get work release over straight jail.